Wednesday, June 01, 2011

YAY !! My 200th post is the announcement of guest hosting an event - " Flavours Of Rajasthan "

I actually updated this post's title and these lines now when i realized this is my 200th post,trust me it was not intentionally ,organised and planned but  it was just perfect timing .Yay !! this is my 200th post and what a memorable post it is as im guest hosting my very first event in this blogosphere.My blog is 1 year 6mths old and i think im going little pathetic these days on my blog front as i am not very regular  but im glad  i posted 199 dishes in my blog,that sure is an achievement, for me atleast :)
Now coming towards this event, i would like to thank  Nayna of simplysensationalfood for giving me this oppurtunity to host her " Flavours Of  ...."  Series .This is the very first event on Palate Corner  and im super excited to guest host the Flavours Of  Rajasthan event , at the same time little nervous but i am sure my fellow bloggers and my non-blogger friends wont let me down and to be very frank they always encourage me and boosts my energy level way up high .
Well ,now let me start with a little background of Rajasthan and Rajasthani cuisine .Rajasthan is kinda a semi- desertic land , full of colourful and exotic natural and architectural beauty,it still holds its royal charm and is the most vibrant part of India.Famous for its majestic forts and magnificent palaces, it is a glorious land of courage and boldness. It is the most vibrant part of India and blessed with, stretches of sand dunes, serene lakes and natural surroundings.It doesn’t matter, wherever you travel Jaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer or Udaipur, you will come across some of the most unexpected mind-blowing architectural wonders, local fair or a bustling bazaar and ofcourse their traditional mind blowing cuisine . These are more or less vague sketches about the era, the history of Rajasthan is not something that could fit into a paragraph or two...
Last but ofcourse not the least the main and important section of all..Rajasthani food ..
Rajasthani cuisine is a splendid array of colorful, spicy and unique dishes. Rajasthani food is incomplete without the mention of the famed Dal-Baati-Churma, a distinctive and signature dish of the state. A delicious, rich, flavorful and a whole meal in itself. On the other hand, Besan or gram flour is a mainstay of Marwari food mainly because of paucity of vegetables in this arid land. Savor the esthetic gatte ki sabzi (curried gram-flour dumplings) kadhi (curried gram-flour in yoghurt),papad ki sabzi and mangodi / badi ki sabzi ( dried split mung lentils). Another exotic preparation is kair sangri, and is served with mango pickle. Kair is a camel's favorite, a small, round desert fruit which grows on a prickly shrub; whereas sangri is dried wild leaves. The seeds and leaves are soaked overnight in water, boiled and then fried in oil, to prepare a mouth-watering delicacy flavored with tints of dried dates, red chillies, turmeric powder, shredded dried mango, salt, coriander and cumin seeds.
There is no dearth of desserts in this desert state. The Rajasthani cuisine whole-heartedly offers a wide array of sweet dishes, that will indeed satiate your half-filled appetite.No matter it is Jaipuri ghevar ,dil jani from Udaipur,sohan halwa from Ajmer ,malpuas from Pushkar ,rasgullas from Bikaner ,jalebis,pedas,ladoos..etc..

Rajasthani food in its various mouth-watering dishes, served sizzling hot, and you cannot forget the sublime intricacy of taste that will whirl around your tongue for the rest of your life.

SO come on lovely people ,wear your thinking aprons on & get started with delicious rajasthani delicacies ....


pls.note : the source of information has been googled and picked up from various sites .


LOGO OF THE EVENT

Following are the rules of the event :

1.Cook any dish which belongs to the state of Rajasthan between 1st jun to 31st jul 2011.
2. Since this blog is a vegeterian & " eggfree " blog so please all the entries( recipes/ dishes) should be vegeterian and eggless .No eggs in the baking goodies too :))
3. Multiple entries are more then welcomed.Archieved entires are also allowed but please do repost them with the link backs and logo.
4.Please try and put the logo in your post as it helps to spread a word about the ongoing event.
5.Please link back ur entries to nayna's event post as well this event annoucement post .
6.Bloggers do mail me all your entries with "Flavours Of Rajasthan " as a subject on creativesonu@gmail.com with the following details : -
Your name
Name of your blog
Name of the dish
Recipe link
Picture of the dish not more then 300 px.
7.Non- bloggers can just mail me the recipe name,recipe and a picture (not larger then 300px)  please on creativesonu@gmail.com.

THANK YOU SO MUCH NAYNA FOR THIS WONDERFUL EVENT & LOGO !

HAPPY COOKING.....CHEERS ,
SONAL.




26 comments:

  1. Congrats dear ...wish you best for your event ...sent the entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 2ooth post .many thanks for supporting simply.food and guest hosting this event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on ur 200th post Sonal, happy hosting dear..wonderful choice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sonal congrats dear :-) 200 posts that too in a very short period is commendable. Keep rocking like this. Happy hosting. will post my recipe for your event

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 200th post dear, keep rocking the blog world !!!

    Hey, Sonu, I cannot be happier. I will surely send some entries. I mean I have about 80+ Rajasthani entries, don't want to send all, but will surely send a few :)

    Best of luck and happy hosting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Sonu!!! Rajasthani cuisine is one of my fav..will try to send in some entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 200th post, Nice event. Happy hosting, try to send some entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearty congrats dear! Happy hosting dear will surely try to participate

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrat on the milestone!wishing u many more!!
    Happy hosting!waiting to see many interesting entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats my dear ~ I am so happy for you! Wish you and your Blog a long and happy presence in the culinary world!!
    Great event n I adore Rajasthani food so count me in :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting theme... love rajasthani food.. will sure send some recipes from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on ur 200th post
    This is the author of FOOD BLOG NEWS.

    This is a very new blog that contains info about events.

    If you do not wish to see your news on my blog please mail me to foodblognews@gmail.com

    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank u all for ur lovely comments and kind words..wud luv to see ur wonderul entries..pls do dend them in !

    ReplyDelete
  14. cograts and happy hosting
    1st time here though friend on facebook do visit my site

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time here...congrats on your 200th post. Would surely be sending my entry. Do check out my space, whenever you get time!!
    Anamika - www.tastejunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats happy hosting
    lovely event

    ReplyDelete
  17. a wonderful cuisine to pick for the event- Love rajasthani food!!! Congrats on your 200th post wish you many more milestones dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your 200th post... happy blogging..
    मेरी नयी पोस्ट पर आपका स्वागत है : Blind Devotion - स्त्री अज्ञानी ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey..that's awesum..Congrats dear!! Happy posting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy hoasting. Following you. Hope you will visit me too.
    http://sonu-palatecorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/yay-my-200th-post-is-announcement-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, just came across your blog...will send my entries.
    happy hosting !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi sonal,
    Congrats on your 200th post. My native is Jodhpur, Rajasthan.I recently posted many rajasthani recipes in the blog.I am going to send you multiple entries.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sonal,
    Lovely theme ...I have right now sent you the entries....following your lovely space :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely theme.
    All your recipes look amazing ! thanks for the lovely blog ;-)
    Feel free to stop by, say hello and follow the blog so that you'll be getting daily updates (-:
    http://purevegetarianbites.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Glad I found you...and now I can participate in an event having my most favorite theme.

    First time here..you share a beautiful space. happy to follow you!

    Inviting you to mine,
    http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/
    http://anshu-rajasthanicuisine.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog,please do drop a line with your expert thoughts...